11.14.2009

Artists Helping the Homeless - Click here to see more!

In case you have not heard, KC is moving up in the yoga world! Check out this link to an annual event that helps homeless people and involves yoga! I have been reading a lot about yoga recently, and want to continue to get involved in more that just the physical practice of yoga, I hope to teach a part of the class at this event next year, we'll see if I can obtain my RYT by then! In The Heart of Yoga by T.K.V. Desikachar he writes some words of wisdom for us.

"However beautifully we carry out an asana, however flexible our body may be, if we do not achieve the integration of body, breath, and mind, we can hardly claim that what we are doing is yoga...In yoga we are not creating something for others to look at. As we perform the various asanas we observe what we are doing and how we are doing it. We do it only for ourselves. We are both the observer and what is observed at the same time."

He is a beautiful writer and person. I enjoyed this description of how we must focus on our own perspective, both on the mat, and in the world!

Warmth to you,
Kat

No comments:

Springtime

Springtime 4.29.22 Oh the long and dreay winter Makes me feel a little bitter I wait for blue skies and green everywhere Buds aplenty nothin...