4.19.2011

Bring the Farm to You.

I know a lot of homeowners that have gardens, but not too many that grow veggies to eat. I'm not sure why, but maybe it's a little daunting. I've dabbled in growing my own food, and it can be tough at times. You have to consider location, materials, your time committment and of course, will the squirrels attack?

I've grown mostly tomatoes, and red peppers. Ed and I tried to branch out one year, with some corn, pumpkins and beans, but not much luck, could be not enough sun, or poor soil prep. Our front yard tree is gone now though, we might have a better shot this year!

I recently bought a box of Triscuits and they had a free pack of seeds right there, some sort of basil. I've had good luck with herbs in containers so that is started outside now. I discovered their very cool web page with lots of tips for the mini-farmer. You can plan your plot, get recommendations on plants and best planting times through a personalized farm plan, and sign up to win $1000 towards the farm of your dreams! Happy digging and of course tasting the fruits (and veggies) of your labor!

www.homefarming.com

Namaste,
Kat

No comments:

Springtime

Springtime 4.29.22 Oh the long and dreay winter Makes me feel a little bitter I wait for blue skies and green everywhere Buds aplenty nothin...